Friday, May 17, 2013

April Check-in

April, what a weird month. I think it rained every day. Well, not really, but is sure felt like it. And it was cold too. And we had spring break, and CRCT testing and my goals went like this:

1. Exercise more. Still hit or miss. I have the best intentions, but keep using the same old lame, I'm tired excuse. 

2. Hiking. I got in 21.5 miles this month. YAY. Finally met that goal, and honestly, I am going to SMOKE that goal in May. Seriously.
3. Backpacking. Let's see, did 2 beginner trips with the Dames, so that goal was met. YAY!


4. Read more. Yeah...hit this one too...finally read the Hobbit...now I get all the references my friends make about that book. I really liked it, and now thanks to my fantastic daughter, I have all 3 of the Lord of the Rings books waiting for me on my Kindle. Thanks Lacey!

5. Eat healthier. Well, I am doing ok most of the time, but not sticking to it regularly, so I am still at the exact same weight I was the first of the month. Good news is I didn't gain anything. Bad news is my blood work wasn't exactly what I was looking for, so my doc has advised me to stop the Atkins. I'll just figure out something else. No worries, right?

6. Be more patient. I am making some progress here. But am looking forward to 9 weeks with no school to deal with.


7. Financial. Still a mess, but I still have a tiny balance in my savings, and I have made it 2 months in a row without putting gas on the stupid credit cards. So, another tiny, miniscule step forward.

You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through- Rosalyn Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment